Sinusitis is a sinus infection caused by an inflammation of the lining of the sinuses and is characterized by facial pain, tenderness, swelling, nasal congestion, intensive headaches, and even a fever.
Chronic sinusitis and acute sinusitis have similar signs and symptoms, but acute sinusitis is a temporary infection of the sinuses often linked to a cold, and its signs and symptoms last shorter and cause less fatigue. Fever isn’t a common sign of chronic sinusitis, but it can occur in the case of acute sinusitis.
Fortunately, it can be naturally treated with remedies that destroy the viruses and bacteria that cause it, and hydrogen peroxide is one of the most powerful among them.
It is a potent disinfecting agent that thins mucus and clears the sinuses. Its combination with sea salt is a saline rinse that naturally treats sinusitis, without causing any side-effects. Sea salt actually restores the osmotic balance in the mucous membranes.
Now, here is how to prepare this natural remedy:
• Add ½ teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide and a teaspoon of sea salt to 6 ounces of warm filtered water.
• Stir and pour the solution in a nasal sprayer. Then, spray the mixture directly into the nose, and allow it to drain through the mouth.
• Repeat several times daily, until all the symptoms disappear.
Yet, according to the Mayo Clinic, you should immediately visit a doctor in case you experience any of the
Following symptoms, which indicate a serious infection:
• High fever
• Severe headaches
• Stiff neck
• Swelling or redness around your eyes
• Double vision or other vision changes